Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I copy from Photoshop to Illustrator an irregularly shaped selection so the background is tra

I asked a question last night, and I guess I wasn't clear enough.



I need to copy a selection from a picture and paste it to a different background. For example, on Photoshop, if I have a portrait, and I want to outline my face and body and then save that as a file I can use in Illustrator, so that I can create artwork around it. How do I do this so that the selection I chose from Photoshop does not paste onto Illustrator with a box around it?



Or am I stuck having to first compose the artwork in Illustrator and then saving it to jpg and editing it in photoshop?



I've seen it done before, but I just don't know how to do it.



Please help!



How do I copy from Photoshop to Illustrator an irregularly shaped selection so the background is transparent?pop up blocker



If you go to ''help'' in Photoshop, there's a feature called ''export transparent image.'' Select it and then select the options you want and, depending on which options you've chosen, it will create a gif or an outlined eps that will be shaped when you open it in Illustrator. There are other ways to do it to, but that is the easiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment