Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have had Photoshop 8 and 9 and my text tool won't work??

I had Photoshop 9 and my computer was messing up so I had to do a system restore but before I did that I had Photoshop CS3 Beta but when I did the restore it went back to my previous PS and it no longer worked so I uninstalled it and installed it again but then I couldn't type anything with my text tool and it didn't matter what size text or the text name. It just showed up as a black square but my text would show on the text layer and when I hide my layer below my text layer nothing is there. So now I downgraded to PS 8 and it still is the same way. I have been searching for a day and a half and I really need to get this working. Please help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks



I have had Photoshop 8 and 9 and my text tool won't work??suzuki



Micheal K posted virtually the same question and received 2 responses (including one of my own)outlining the ''small text'' phenomenon. There is a lot of information to be found if you search the resolved questions. I know that your self-answering question will definitely help someone else with the same problem in the future(they just have to search for questions!), and I'm sorry that I didn't see your question before you solved it yourself!



Good luck with Photoshop in the future and keep at it!! I can sympathyze with the Adobe install deal - I just installed Acrobat Pro(at 900 MB) and it didn't work. Not at all. Not even through MS Word(to convert files to pdfs). Then when I tried to uninstall it froze the uninstaller. Talk about aggravating. At the end of it all, I am just sitting there and lamenting the fact that I didn't want to work on the computer, I just wanted to work on my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment